Preparing your home is key to making sure you receive the best purchase offer possible. This is one of the key responsibilities of a good Realtor. When choosing your Realtor make sure they plan to work with you from the beginning to the end. You need someone who knows how to Stage your home according to your budget and make it sell for best Dollar. One thing to keep in mind, spending thousands of dollars on new furniture and appliances should not be your priority.
I'm happy to see you Back. You may want to subscribe to my blog. Thank you for visiting!
Do not allow your Realtor to take pictures for Listing your home until you are ready and comfortable with the way your home looks.
Most buyers these days pretty much choose the home they will be buying via the internet Search. They will visit the home last just to confirm what they have seen. Buyers do not have the time and they prefer to do most of their research online, that is why you need to have quality staging followed by great photographs.
Here are some basic rules to keep in mind and implement:
1. Remove all clutter – you want your house to be seen and focused on rather than your belongings. Remove your personal belongings. Leave three items of varying heights on each surface For example, place a lamp, a small plant, and a book on an end table.
2. Furniture Placement – After #3, you need to rearrange the furniture to what is trending now. Ask you Realtor for assistance. This is one of her main duties to make sure the house looks good and furniture is placed properly around the house.
3. Furniture – Cut back on the furniture. If you have a lot of items covering pretty much all of the living room corners, you know what you need to do.
4. Clean the house – Do a Thorough cleaning of the house, if some touch of paint is required, get it done. Baseboards always can use some color.
5. Color – If you can add it to the budget add some color to some of the rooms. Use current fashion paint, visit home models or ask your Realtor for ideas.
6. Landscape – If you do have front/back yard make it look the best it can. Add some flowers and new soil along with lighting to the front of the house. If you have outdoor sitting, BBQ, Fireplace, make sure they are cleaned and up to par. Investment in a small fountain is not a bad idea.
Did you enjoy this article? -Join me today and Receive free updates on Real Estate market, Mortgage Rates and Many remodeling and decoration Ideas via my 📌 Pinterest Boards and Blog.
— Christina Khandan (@ChristinaOCRE) June 7, 2014
🏡 Contact me for any Questions about the Real Estate Market, Schools, Communities around Irvine. If You are planning to Relocate to Orange County or are Looking for Vacation Home & Investment Property Please do not hesitate to Send me an Email
Picture Galleries l Twitter l Facebook l Pinterest
Keller Williams OC Coastal Realty